Software as a service is a solution more and more businesses have taken in. Both small and large businesses have discovered the advantages of using this technology. And if you still don’t know what the fuss is about and why you should make use of it in your business, it’s probably just because you aren’t aware of all of the solutions available.
What is SaaS?
Before we get started, we’ll give you a brief introduction to SaaS. It is a subscription-based model for delivering software over the Internet as a service. Instead of installing software that requires space and hardware management on your computer, you simply access it online. The SaaS applications run on the SaaS provider’s servers. Therefore, the provider also manages the access to the application, including the security, availability and performance.
SaaS solutions also free the user from the need to be physically present at a certain location. SaaS software can be accessed from anywhere on almost any device. That is also why SaaS solutions have proven to be immensely useful lately. The cloud technology has helped many companies adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic, as it would have been nearly impossible to keep the businesses going without the SaaS-technology. For example, the possibility of being able to do a meeting online has been crucial.
Different Types of SaaS
SaaS is a type of cloud computing, which refers to the delivery of different computing services such as storage, servers, software, networking, BI and databases over the Internet or through the cloud.
There is a cloud-based SaaS solution for almost any task your company might need help solving. These include:
- Customer Relation Management solutions for automating your sales and marketing processes. These solutions can help you keep up with your customers and provide them a more personalized experience.
- Enterprise Resource Planning software enables you to manage your business processes in real time. This can boost your customer satisfaction and increase revenue. This software includes both procurement, accounting, risk and project management, supply chain, budgeting and compliance.
- Project Management solutions can help connect your teams and are available to access from anywhere. They generate flexibility and are low-maintenance, so your teams can focus on managing projects instead of technical aspects.
- Billing and Payment solutions cover your business processes related to payment handling and allow you to accept payments through different channels.
- Collaboration and Communication solutions can help you with file sharing and instant messaging within the company – which is important to organize, search and collaborate effectively.
- HR solutions include all HR related processes such as performance, payroll, attendance and so on, ultimately increasing productivity for everyone in the company.
- E-Commerce solutions are needed to do business online if you are selling products. It helps you with payment integration and product and cart management.
Your Benefits with SaaS
As you see above, there are lots of different softwares that can help your business, depending on what you lack. Whether you need a live chat for your customer service, a CRM software for your sales and marketing or a software for your project management, there is a solution for you. On https://www.saasgenius.com/, you can compare and choose the right business SaaS for you – no matter what type of business you’re running.