With the rapid downward spiral of many economies due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have a massive plunge in many sectors and the jobs market. However, the tech sector remains resilient, and in-demand tech jobs are booming.
What are these positions and why are they in demand? We’ll figure out below. Let’s get into it.
Artificial Intelligence Engineer
AI engineering positions are in high demand as companies focus more on automation.
Businesses are developing AI-enabled products and they’ll need people with the AI know-how. Their requirements typically include:
- A master’s degree in computer science or data science
- Experience in data or analytics
Qualifications include knowledge of:
- Machine learning
- Natural language processing
- AI application programming
- AI integration
- Change management experience
Web/Mobile Software Developers
Web, mobile, and software developers are also in high demand. They design, develop, install, test, and maintain software systems.
The software development job requires technical skills and coding, as you will deal with building apps for websites and mobile devices.
If you want to land this position, you must have the following:
- Knowledge of different programming languages (C#, C++, Java, HTML, Microsoft .NET, and SQL Server)
- Technical and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Two-year associate degree with certifications and prior work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
And the demand for software developers isn’t waning anytime soon. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment demand will grow 21% from 2018 to 2028.
Companies and organizations are now collecting more data than ever every day. They need people with expertise in data science.
As a data scientist, you’ll spend most of your time compiling, cleaning, and presenting data. You will help businesses and organizations make strategic decisions based on data.
If you want to land this job, you will need the following:
- Experience in gathering and processing data
- Insights into data sets
- Communication skills to relay findings to business leaders
- Skills in searching for new data sources
- Experience working with technology and engineering teams on data integration campaign
As a cloud architect, you’ll oversee the company’s cloud computing capabilities. You deploy, manage, and support cloud applications.
As a result, you must have an impeccable understanding of multiple operating systems, as well as networking, programming, and security skills.
Here’s what companies are looking for:
- Strong knowledge of cloud services like Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of and experience in ITSM and I&O
- Understanding of cost performance and cloud system architecture
- Communication and collaboration skills
Security professionals are in demand in different areas, including data, systems, network, and cloud security.
As businesses increasingly rely on collecting and processing data, security professionals ensure the enterprise remains safe from potential threats in and out of the organization.
Security professionals also need to:
- Ensure compliance with industry laws and regulations
- Keep up with future security trends
- Ensure security for business’ software, hardware, and networks
- Manage security audits, threats, and vulnerabilities
- Document security failures and other incidents
Computer Network Architect
Computer network architects design complex digital systems. They also develop cloud computing infrastructure for big and small businesses.
If you are a computer network architect, you’ll be in demand as companies rely on your skills to function and keep up with the digital era.
Computer network architects have the following responsibilities:
- Plan and layout data communication networks
- Ensure the network is secure
- Decide what equipment to use (routers, adaptors, network drivers, etc)
- Layout cables and decide where hardware will go`
- Research new tech for the company’s use
Mobile App Developer
Mobile application developers are in high demand because of their creativity and problem-solving skills.
These people come up with new app ideas for development, convenience, and other values. The next great app lies inside their brains.
If you aspire to be a mobile app developer. you need the following job skills:
- Analytical skills
- Customer service
- Attention to details
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Technical skills
Booming Tech Industry Means More Jobs
Global Business and government demand for tech goods and services are set to grow billions of dollars in 2020. The software industry, meanwhile, is expected to account for the largest share of the market.
As the world discovers the new normal, technology is playing a larger-than-ever role in people’s lives. And professionals with tech skills and expertise will continue to be in demand.