An app can provide countless benefits for your business. Introducing an app to your target audience can become your key to building a stronger brand and better customer connections. Over time, an app can also help your business attract and retain customers and earn more profits.
An app can make or break the success of your business, which is why you should exert a lot of resources to develop one. Creating an app without knowing your target audience or testing it repeatedly can result in lost customers and revenues and a negative brand.
Follow these tips to ensure your business develops one of the best apps today:
1. Know Your Audience
Before you look for design inspirations for your app, know your audience first. It’ll be easier for you to determine if your app idea has potential and how to market it.
You can learn more about your audience by asking questions on interviews, using trends and statistics, and conducting polls using various platforms. Ideally, you should check every source of information available to better understand the demographics, behaviors, motivations, and common dilemmas of your target audience.
2. Offer Value
The best app developers in Bristol and anywhere else in the world made a name in the industry because their apps offer value—and yours should have the same feature to attain success. Your app should bring benefits to users, so they’re motivated to download and use it.
Think about mobile app games for inspiration. These apps were made using the simplest design and platform, but serve as an outlet for stress and boredom. These apps can also provide entertainment for users who often commute for hours.
To create an app that offers value, consider the needs of your target audience, your business objectives, and the technical solutions it can provide. Keeping these factors in mind will help you create an app that’s useful, fun, or a combination of both.
3. Design A Simple Yet User-Friendly App
When it comes to designing an app, less is always more. You don’t need to bombard users with various design elements to make it functional or appealing. Doing this will only make your app difficult to use, which might cause users to abandon it.
To make a user-friendly app, consider the following design tips:
- Pay attention to the fonts: Provide the best user experience by choosing the right font type, size, and color. Generally, you should use no more than three types of fonts in your app. As for the font size, at least 11 points is ideal for Android, while 14 points work better for iOS. Don’t use too many colors on your fonts, two is usually enough. If you need to highlight keywords, play around with different shades of the same color.
- Make it responsive: Ensure that your app is useable regardless of the size of the screen. If users access your app through their smartphones or tablets, they should be able to read content effortlessly and enjoy the same features.
- Include a search option: Your app should have a search option so users can navigate the platform easily. Instead of clicking several keywords, users can simply type in their query in the search bar to find the information they’re looking for.
4. Prioritize Safety
News about users’ information being leaked publicly is no longer new. As more apps are available for use today, users’ information seems to become increasingly susceptible to theft and cyberattacks.
When creating an app, prioritize the safety of your users’ information. This is important if you’re going to use your app to collect users’ sensitive information like personal and medical data and credit card details.
Generally, you should use a secure code from day one. This will minimize issues as your app develops, saving you time and money from making drastic changes later on. Aside from this, make sure to follow these basic standard practices when making an app:
- Encrypt all data to prevent hackers from reading and using data stored in the app.
- Use high-level authentication by designing your app to accept alphanumeric passwords and require users to use multi-factor authentication.
- Test your app repeatedly to identify problems and provide solutions right away. Remember, hackers are getting smarter and failure to test your app regularly will make it very easy to steal users’ information.
Consider Hiring Professionals
If you’re not 100% confident that your in-house talents can develop an app, consider hiring professionals who can help you. There are agencies that create apps for businesses, and hiring them will save you time and effort while minimizing risks. With your direction and the experience of the mobile app agency you’ll hire, developing a successful app will come off easier.