Every day, our email accounts receive an enormous number of spam messages and unfortunately we cannot stop spam emails forever. The vast majority of junk messages are sent from fictitious email addresses. It is important to know how to determine if an email address is valid in a variety of ways if you wish to react to a message. When responding to any possible suspicious email, it’s a good idea to be more careful.
- Go to the email service’s login page and pretend you can’t remember your email account’s password. Your email address will be required by the service provider in order to provide you the password recovery information. If you provide a non legitimate email address, the service will most likely inform you that the user name you submitted is invalid. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Outlook (Hotmail) email accounts can all benefit from this approach.
- Run a reverse IP address lookup. Finding an IP address is significantly less difficult and time-consuming than it may seem to you in the beginning. An IP address lookup is performed to determine the location of an IP address. The IP address of the server from which the email was sent is included in every message. This IP address is generally hidden, but if you choose to investigate the message’s source, it will appear under “received from.” Simply copy and paste the IP address into any easily accessible internet IP address lookup tool, such as What Is My IP Address. Be wary if the IP address comes from a nation you’re unfamiliar with because most likely it could be spoofing.
- There is email verification software that is created exclusively for email validation. It’s quite easy to use and can save you a lot of time. They send you a CSV report with undeliverable and potentially harmful emails tagged after you upload your email list to their site. You can easily identify duplicate accounts, spam traps, and other invalid contacts to make sure your marketing campaign has the highest ROI and low bounce rate.
Email validation tools are divided into two categories
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) or online services (SaaS). For all team members, it is simple to use them in the browser and from any other device. There are websites that allow you to check one mailbox for free. Services with a shareware term and the ability to check up to 100-150 emails and a paid subscription for a month are utilized for mass verification. ZeroBounce is one of the greatest online email validation tools. If you give IP data, this program looks for information about clients and records it in its reports. It is free to check if an email is valid for up to 100 times. Subscriptions for a base of 2000 contacts start at $ 0.008 per address.
- Mail validation software can alternatively be downloaded and installed on the PC. The programs’ downside is that the entire database is stored on a single device. It is understandable that, if your device is damaged, you may lose all of your data. It is suggested that the database be copied to another device or saved in the cloud.